orion Priestly Marriage Practices in the Second Temple Period and 4QMMT

Dear Colleagues,

On page 174 of DJD Vol. X, Qimron and Strugnell suggest:

"There is evidence that in the Second Temple period priests would marry only
women from priestly families."

Unfortunately, the "evidence" referred to is not provided by the editors and
the footnote (i.e., Geiger, Studies, p.134.) is not available in my library.

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this topic?

Ian Werrett
MA Candidate
Trinity Western University

For private reply, e-mail to "Ian Werrett" <werrett2@email.msn.com>