re: orion Gmirkin's Proposal Part II

    Just a closing note of appreciation on the reasonably high level of
courtesy Stephen Goranson has maintained in our on-line discussions, of which
his closing letter below is a good example.  I originally sought out
Stephen's opinions on my thesis of late Essene inheritance of the scrolls, as
I knew his position was as far from mine as any on the list, and that I might
therefore learn something from him.  Throughout the discussion, with minor
lapses, he has responded to my points with arguments or valuable citations of
secondary sources.  (And I note that he has dropped his "anything-but-Essene"
characterization of opposing views in recent postings.) I'm not convinced by
his argumentation of the evidence, and I'm sure he isn't of mine, but I'm
sure both of us have improved our respective positions through the exchange.
 In short,  I think Gorenson's postings are a good example that it is
possible to have a passionate debate of the evidence without descending to
sarcasm and insult.  Thanks, Stephen.

-- Russell Gmirkin