Re: question

Dear all,
When discussing the perambulations of Danil>?Daniyyel we should remember
that characters can change their character over the course of time, and
certainly when going from one tradition and cultuer ot another.  I recall
Ahiqar is an apkallu in the Mesopotamian tradition.  In the proverbs of
Ahiqar he is a sage, but a human one, whereas the Mesopotamian text views
apkallu as quasi-muthological. Although i would have difficulty linking
the DAN(I)EL of Ezekiel with Daniyyel of the book of that name, I would
have no trouble connecting the Ezekielian figure with the Canaanite one.
It would not be the only case of Ezekiel knowing non-Israelite myths and
legends.
Victor hurowitz
Ben Gurion University