These pages house the archive of the old Orion Bibliography search, with postings from 1995 through mid-2010. For the new and updated Bibliography Search, please click here [add link].
The Orion Center's bibliography, which covers items from 1995 to the present,
allows users to keep up to date on scholarship on the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The Orion Bibliography was initiated and maintained by Dr. Avital Pinnick from 1995-2000. David Emanuel compiled the Bibliography from 2000-2002; it is currently overseen by Dr. Ruth Clements and Nadav Sharon.
This bibliography is a joint project with the journal, Revue de Qumrân, and appears in that journal twice a year.
The bibliography has been converted to Unicode formatting. To properly
view Hebrew and non-alphabetic characters (accents, etc.), please make sure
your browser is enabled for Unicode encoding (Click View-Encoding-Unicode
The Current Bibliography is updated every Monday and contains the newest references,
as they are added to our database. In the alphabetical files, under each author's name,
the works are arranged chronologically, from earliest to most recent.
We welcome new contributions, which you may e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afrikaans, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian Bibliography
Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish Bibliography
BY DATE OF PUBLICATION
- The entries are dated from 1995 to the present. Reviews and newspaper articles are not included.
- List as many search terms as you like. Separate them by spaces, not commas.
- This search script does not recognize European characters. So, for example, if you wish to search for "García Martínez", you should use "Garc".
- If you wish to see only entries that contain ALL of your search terms, select AND as the connector (e.g. Teacher of Righteousness).
- If you wish to see entries that contain ANY ONE of your search terms (but not necessarily all of them), select OR as the connector.
- Do not put your search terms in quotation marks; the search can be performed only on single words, not on phrases.
- Unless you are searching for a proper name, you should select INSENSITIVE for the upper/lower case option.
- To return to your search results after viewing an entry, click on the "Back" button on your browser.
- Entries containing Greek, Hebrew or diacritical marks require the SP fonts: SPIonic, SPTiberian and SPAtlantis.
The Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls,
Mandel Institute of Jewish Studies,
Rabin World Center of Jewish Studies,
The Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus 91905, ISRAEL.