Re: orion Etymology of "Essenes"

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

I've been away in America for 14 days, partly on sad private business, and
partly to attend the Dorot family-sponsored conference on the DSS and to
lecture at the Oriental Institute in Chicago. On returning, I find that Mr.
Gorenson has launched a long series of ad hominem attacks on my
scholarship, instead of responding to the difficulties with a particular
etymology to which I have pointed. I have previously remarked that Mr.
Gorenson has nothing to do on a scholarly list, or at least that such
behaviour has no place on one. Avital, I hope you are attentive.

Fred Cryer