orion Unrolling Scrolls

	I can't imagine a better place to ask this question. I have in my
possession an Esther Scroll from the 19th century that is in great shape
except that the very first column of text cannot be unwound from the
roller to which it is attached. It seems stuck to the roller. Does anyone
have any advice on how to unroll this last column without damaging it. I'd
like to be able to take care of this by Purim!

I'd appreciate any advice. What did Sukenik use on Isaiah? MJ

Martin S. Jaffee                      University of Washington
Prof. & Chair, Comparative Religion   Box 353650
Prof., Jewish Studies                 Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: 206-543-9846                   FAX: 206-685-0668
Rabbi Eleazar Hakappar used to say: You were conceived without being
consulted, you were born without being consulted, you live without being
consulted, and you'll die without being consulted. And without being
consulted, you are going to account for yourself before the King of Kings
of Kings, The Blessed Holy One. (Avot 4:29)

He did NOT say: "Have a nice day!"