Attachments [was: orion Newsday piece]

David Crowder wrote:
> Dear Mr. Lerner,
>   You've probably gotten this already, but as an attachment, I am
> forwarding to you the html version of the Newsday piece. =
>
> David Crowder

PLEASE, *never* send attachments to a mailing list.

I understand that your heart is in the right place, but 1] broadcasting
such a message is a terrible waste of bandwidth, 2] most people who end up
receiving the message probably don't want the material and 3] even among
most who do, it is very likely that they don't have the facilities for
"unpacking" the attachment (particularly if they are reading on another
machine-type).

If you feel the material is useful to a large number of folks, feel free
to post to the list inviting people to (for example) access the material
from a website or --if that is not an option-- to e-mail you requesting
the material directly.

Thanks

Nichael

--