RE: orion Captivity begins & ends

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Tom Simms writes

" I am curious how it is that Rabbi Akivah comes up with
the date for
the beginning of the Exile/Cpativity so out of
sinchronization
with the accurate dates."

In fact it was Rabbi Yossi a disciple of Rabbi Akivah in
the great chronology of the Jews "Seder Olam Rabbah" who
came up with those dates. This year numbered 5758 is a
direct result of that chronology, so it wasn't a lightly
taken chronology. We would all like to know how they came
up with that chronology in which the Persian period is
drastically foreshortened.  The point was not whether it
was right or wrong but whether or not it was used and
accepted at the time the DSS were written

Ever

Mike

Mike_Sanders@photoad.com (private e-mail)
BibleMysteries@photoad.com (web site e-mail)