RE: orion re: minimalism

At 11:48 AM 12/13/97 -0800, you wrote:
>With respect Jim, did not your first proposal contain this
>paragraph?
>
>" theory 1- the OT was originally composed in Greek during
>the Hasmonean period by Hellenized folk seeking to
>legitimize their claim to the land (land propoganda in the
>most positive sense of the term). "

Indeed it did (but I don't save old mail).  And, again, this is merely
preliminary to the following statements (in the original post) regarding the
purpose of Qumran- the central issue I was interested in and the one most
appropriate for Orion.  This first theory was merely introductory- though it
has now for some reason become the focal point.

>Were not my comments in direct response to that paragraph?

Yes- and though my interest in the issue is as alive as ever, I do not think
it is an Orion topic.  So, since I have said this now several times I think
it best if I do not mention it or respond again on list.  If someone wants
to discuss the issue privately, or on ANE, I would be more than happy to do so.

>Ever

Best to you as well,

>Mike

Jim