Re: orion Gnosticism

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Orion List wrote:

> Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:08:15 -0500
> From: Jim West <jwest@Highland.Net>
> Subject: orion Gnosticism
>
> Colleagues,
>
> Has anyone since H. Ringgren pursued the idea that the Qumran texts
> have
> been influenced by gnosticism?  Or was he rather alone in this idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

    I have not read Ringgren.  Could you give me the reference?
Wouldn't it be more likely that there are Essenic/Therepeutae
influences on Gnosticism?  At least Xian Gnosticism?

Jack

--
D’man dith laych idneh d’nishMA nishMA
   Jack Kilmon (jpman@accesscomm.net)