Re: orion ORION: Variables (longish)

Dear Rochelle:  I wonder whether the traditional system of writing Torah
scrolls, even to this day, reflects the methods developped during  late
antiquity. I know this questions is a deviation from orion concerns.
Nevertheless, the parchment has to be cut a certain way, yet the width  and
number of lines per column  is preset, it appears to me.  This discussion of
scribal systems is opening up an entirely new field to me and I am thankfult
to you for it.
frank rosenthal