Re: orion Question on books

Jim West wrote:

> At 09:00 AM 9/11/97 +0300, you wrote:
> >Sender: mhausmann@bridgew.edu
> >Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:15:54 EST
> >From: MIKE <mhausmann@topcat.bridgew.edu>
> >
> >   Two DSS books are being offered for sale through the mail: The Dead Sea
> >Scrolls, by Steven A Fisdel; and The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English,
> >by Geza Vermes.  I've not come across either of these before.  Is anyone
> >familiar with either book?  Could you offer a few comments?
> >-Mike Hausmann
> >

> I suspect everone is familiar with Vermes.  If you can get it, do.  Its very
> reliable.  As to the other, I have not heard of its author.
>
> Jim
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++
> Jim West, ThD
> Adjunct Professor of Bible
> Quartz Hill School of Theology
>
> jwest@highland.net

The full biblio info for Fisdale's book is:

The Dead Sea Scrolls : Understanding Their Spiritual Message, Steven A.
Fisdel, Norhtvale, NJ:  Jason Aronson, 1997.

The title is enough to make me want to review the book 'in-hand' before
purchase.

Another title which has received good reviews is:

The Dead Sea Scrolls Translated : The Qumran Texts in English,
Florentino Garcia Martinez (Editor), Wilfred G. E. Watson (Translator),
Florentino Martinez, Grand Rapids:  Wm B Eerdmans Pub Co., 1996.

For future reference a good web site to find basic info about books is:

http://www.amazon.com/