Re: orion chinese?

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:28:35 -0400 (EDT), jwest@highland.net writes:

>Is this a serious issue?  It seems rather ridiculous to me.  There is no
>reason to ascribe sloppy scribalism to a chinese interpolation.  Are
>dissertation topics so hard to come by these days that such a topic would
>seriously be written upon?

     I suspect, Jim, this is a way of backing into the "pollution" visited
     on the scroll while peregrinating, which is why I for one am highly
     suspicious of many of the C-14 dates done without taking that factor
     into account.  More than smoke can get onto parchment...

     (But if more than smoke, why not smoke too?)

Tom Simms