orion Y. Ben-David on oral torah

I suggest you (and some others) use the term "halakah" too broadly.
Pharisees had halakah. Essenes did not. Sadducees presumably did not. Prof.
Y. Sussmann did not claim in what you cited that all three groups believed
in oral torah. But turning from his views to yours, I ask: If Sadducees
believed in oral torah, why did Josephus in Ant. 13 write that Sadducees
rejected the claim of Pharisees that they had traditions not written in the
law of Moses?
Stephen Goranson   goranson@duke.edu